Sunday, March 14, 2010

Blowing the dust off

There is so much to say and so little time to say it. I finally got out there today and did my 5 mile run. The only problem is that I didn't quite make it 5 miles. I was at 4.60, but who is counting? I'm two weeks behind in my half marathon training, and I do another 5 mile run next Sunday. Justified! I thought Thursdays run was hard because it was 70 degrees, and the Sunday before I had run 2.8 miles in 38 degrees. The temperature jumps is hard on my lungs and my body, but I'll get over it.

This half-marthon training is going to be different. I've been going to Fitworks for about 3-4 weeks now thanks to my health insurance. They have a new program that gives you free membership to a few area gyms. Think about it, a lot of people don't go to the gym because of the fees and contracts. Others don't go to the gym because there isn't the motivation. I have the best of both worlds. Not only is it free for me, but for $9.99 a month I have an unlimited guest pass. B comes with me each and every time. If it weren't for him, I would leave with in 10-15 minutes because I'm bored. He likes the movie-cardio room. When he is on the bike, I'm bouncing around from the incumbent bike to the regular bike to the treadmill then eventually out to the rowing machine. I need something more intriguing to keep me going.

To me, it's a lot easier to run as far as you can, then turn around and go home. You've gotta get home somehow, and when you don't bring your phone, there is no one to come get you! In the summer time I have B come and check on me through out the pre-planned route. Last week he picked me up in downtown then we got coffee. The good part about that is that I got to strip off a layer of pants in the parking lot at the Y and pass them off to him when he was on his way to meet me. Now that is a Kodak moment!

Well. That's it from me for now. 5 miles down. Tomorrows plan is stretch and strength train. I think it's about time I veg out for the rest of the night on that couch. It is SCREAMING my name!

1 comment:

hailey said...

Hi, Great information! Would you please consider sharing my link to your readers? Please email me back at haileyxhailey gmail.com.

Thanks!
Hailey